Monday, July 7, 2008

One of those days......

So let me tell you about the day we've had.... First off, Lila woke up at 5:30 all bright eyed and bushy tailed so I just knew we could go no where but up... That's what I get! Around 11 am Lila was taking a nap and I was reading perezhilton (a trashy website I love). Eve started screaming at the top of her lungs telling me she couldn't breath- it took a few minutes to figure out she had (for some unknown reason) stuffed a popcorn kernel up her nose. I got out David's work flashlight and couldn't see anything but I decided to take her to see her pedi just to be on the safe side. Well that thing was lodged so far up her nose he couldn't get it so we had to spend the ENTIRE afternoon in an ears nose and throat doctors waiting room for them to fit us in. When they finally did it was pretty quick. She was given a topical numbing medicine and they dug that thing out. I was amazed at how big it was- poor baby, it was a miracle she could breath at all! She was a wonderful patient. I promised her a lollipop and a barbie and she didn't move a muscle the entire time they were probing in her nose.
Everything is back to normal now and she has promised to never ever shove anything up her snout again! I didn't think kids really did stuff like that, but the doctor told us we were the 3rd popcorn kernel today!



1 comment:

NikkiT said...

So so glad it all worked out for you!!! You caught me after a work night so I was snoozing.
HIDE THE CORN!!!